Meet Paradise Helicopter Pilot, Tianna
Q&A with Paradise Helicopters Pilot, Tianna
Where are you from?
- Midland, Texas
What brought you to Hawai’i?
- I moved to Hawai’i to attend Mauna Loa Helicopters, a flight school in Hawai’i
- Hiking and hammocking
Why did you become a pilot?
- I have always wanted to fly since I was a kid. I love seeing beautiful places from above.
What’s your background in flight experience? Where did you get the bulk of your hours?
- I completed the professional pilot program at Mauna Loa Helicopters on Oahu. Then I became a flight instructor, assistant chief pilot at the Oahu base, and tour pilot. I was able to build flight time and experience teaching others how to fly as well as flying tours on Oahu.. Then, in March of 2017, my boss told me to reach out to Kalei Gregory, the chief pilot at Paradise Helicopters about a position flying the MD 500 out of Turtle Bay Resort. Kalei offered me a job flying the MD 500 as well as the Bell 407. That’s how I got my dream job.
What is your favorite tour to fly and why?
- Anything over Kahana Bay in the MD 500 with doors-off because it’s beautiful to see from above.
What’s your favorite place to eat in Hawai’i?
- Nalu – the acai bowls are the best on O’ahu
Is there a flight you’ve done that sticks out to you as a favorite?
- July 2017 I flew from Oahu to Kauai and then around Kauai with three of my best friends. I had never been to Kauai and it’s absolutely breathtaking. Plus being able to share it with great friends made it a special memory.