Kona: Air Zip & Dip Adventure
Paradise Helicopters’ Air Zip & Dip Adventure tour combines three great adventures into one trip to truly post about! First, soar over Hawai‘i Island, seeing the strikingly beautiful landscapes in a way you can only view from our air adventure. Next, we will land to meet your guide who will take you through a rainforest zipline. Finally, hike to a private waterfall in gorgeous North Kohala and take a dip into cool mountain water!
This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival to Kīlauea in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
After navigating the island by air, land in historic North Kohala where you will be met by our partners, Kohala Zipline. They’ll outfit you with a helmet and harness for the next portion of your adventure – a thrilling canopy zipline experience! Trek along elevated suspension bridges, traverse across soaring tree platforms, glide on thrilling ziplines, and rappel from the final tree. From the moment you enter the aerial trekking course, you’ll be enthralled by Kohala’s magic. Kohala Zipline Canopy Adventures offers exclusive features, such as twin WhisperLinesSM and smoothstop braking, to ensure your safety and comfort and deliver an experience like no other. Upon completion of the course, picnic with stunning views of the North Kohala valleys and swim under a private waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
- See Kona’s famous coffee district
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Hunt for red, hot lava around Kīlauea
- Rugged coastlines and beautiful beaches
- Zipline adventure
- Rain forests
- Pastoral fields and ranches
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by about 1.4 – 1.6 hours.
- Tour total time: Approximately 6 hours, including ground tour, check-in and ground transportation time
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- This tour is not recommended for guests with back or neck problems, an extreme fear of heights, or expectant mothers.
- Ages 8 and over
- Guests must weigh between 70-270 lbs. Participants weighing over 250 lbs. may be assessed additional fuel surcharge.
- For more ground tour details click here
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
There are no product reviews yet.
Note: Due to the high volume of bookings, your selected flight date & time may need to be re-confirmed.
Age Requirement: 8 yrs. & up