Hilo: Lava Adventure & Waterfall Swim
The Lava Adventure & Waterfall Swim showcases how the story of Hawai‘i is inextricably linked to the elements. You will fly over Kīlauea, what was the most active volcano on earth. After over 35 years of activity, be one of the first to discover what Kīlauea Volcano has left in the wake of its recent historic eruptive episode. Witness otherworldly landscapes like the incredible 8-mile river of frozen lava from Fissure 8 to the Pacific Ocean, the newest black sand beaches on earth, and enormous craters created by these recent events!
At the end of your air adventure over the volcano and lush surroundings, you will touch down in a private, tropical fruit farm and disembark to join our exclusive partner, Hawaii Forest & Trail, on a guided ground exploration with exclusive access to two of Hilo’s most beautiful waterfalls! Enjoy an intimate group setting as your interpretive guide leads you on a tour of a local cacao farm to taste “tree to bar” chocolate. A special treat awaits you at the third stop, where you will enjoy a locally made lunch and swim under a 120-foot private waterfall. Take a lot of photos and videos, because no one will believe what you did if you don’t! If you have just a few hours and want to soak up the very best of Hilo’s beauty and rich heritage, join us for this fun, informative and tasty journey through Hilo’s tropical paradise.
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests
- Waterfalls of Hilo
- Venture onto a private 1,000 acre cacao farm to taste locally grown “tree to bar” chocolate.
- Enjoy a locally made lunch while taking in stunning views
- Delve into Hilo’s rich agricultural heritage
- Swim under a 120-foot private waterfall
- 2.5 hour ground tour including three waterfalls
Limited – One Tour Daily
1 hour prior to tour
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Tour Duration runs about 1.5 hours, including check-in. Approx. 35 minutes* total air tour flight time in a Hughes MD500 helicopter.
- Doors-off or Doors-on experience
- All cameras, including cell phones, and sunglasses must have straps (if flying on the Doors-Off upgrade)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Warm clothing suggested as air tour is cool and windy (if flying on the Doors-Off upgrade)
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
- All cameras including cell phones must have straps
- No hats permitted on flight (if flying on the Doors-Off upgrade)
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Lunch, beverages and towels provided
- Activity Level: Easy- suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Self-Pay parking
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
There are no product reviews yet.