Hilo: Lava Adventure & Waterfall Swim
The Lava Adventure & Waterfall Swim showcases how the story of Hawai‘i is inextricably linked to the elements. You will fly over Kīlauea, what was the most active volcano on earth. After over 35 years of activity, be one of the first to discover out what Kīlauea Volcano has left in the wake of its recent historic eruptive episode. Witness otherworldly landscapes like the incredible 8-mile river of frozen lava from Fissure 8 to the Pacific Ocean, the newest black sand beaches on earth, and enormous craters created by these recent events!
At the end of your air adventure over the volcano and lush surroundings, you will touch down in a private, tropical fruit farm and disembark to join our exclusive partner, Hawaii Forest & Trail, on a guided ground exploration with exclusive access to three of Hilo’s most beautiful waterfalls! A special treat awaits you at the third stop, where you will enjoy a locally made lunch and swim or kayak under a 120 foot private waterfall. Take a lot of photos and video, because no one will believe what you did if you don’t!
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests of Puna
- Waterfalls of Hilo
- Exclusive access to a 1,000 acre tropical fruit farm to see cacao, lychee, macadamia nuts, coffee, & other exotic crops
- Sample seasonal fruit and fresh macadamia nuts at a private gazebo overlooking world-famous Rainbow Falls
- Enjoy a locally made lunch while taking in stunning views
- Swim, Kayak, or Paddle under a 120 foot private waterfall
- 2.5 hour ground tour including three waterfalls
Limited – One Tour Daily
1 hour prior to tour
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Tour Duration runs about 3 hours, of which 30-40 minutes is flight time.
- Doors-off or Doors-on experience
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Warm clothing suggested as tour is cool and windy
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
- All cameras including cell phones must have straps
- No hats permitted on flight
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Lunch, beverages and towels provided
- Self-Pay parking
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.