Kona: Air & Zipline Adventure
Paradise’s Helicopter Air & Zipline Adventure combines two great adventures in one trip. Soar over Hawai‘i Island and see the strikingly beautiful landscapes in a way only possible from the air. Then, zoom through the trees in gorgeous North Kohala on a thrilling zip line canopy tour.
This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Nearing Kīlauea, the only erupting volcano in Hawai‘i, your pilot will search out the day’s activity with the hopes of seeing red hot lava. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
Land in historic North Kohala where you will be met by our partners, Kohala Zipline. They will outfit you with a helmet and harness for the second half of your adventure – a thrilling canopy zip line experience! Trek along elevated suspension bridges, traverse tree platforms, glide on zip lines and rappel from the final tree. Kohala Zipline Canopy Adventures offers exclusive features, such as twin WhisperLines and smooth-stop braking, to ensure your safety and comfort and deliver an experience like no other.
Upon completion of the course you will enjoy some time at the charming historic plantation town of Hawi to browse a few shops and grab some lunch before heading back to the Kona airport on a complimentary shuttle.
- See Kona’s famous coffee district
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Hunt for red, hot lava around Kīlauea
- Rugged coastlines and beautiful beaches
- Zipline adventure
- Rain forests
- Pastoral fields and ranches
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by about 1.4 – 1.6 hours.
- Approximately 6 hours, including ground tour, check-in and ground transportation time
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- This tour is not recommended for guests with back or neck problems, an extreme fear of heights, or expectant mothers.
- Ages 8 and over
- Guests must weigh between 70-270 lbs. Participants weighing over 250 lbs. may be assessed additional fuel surcharge.
- For more ground tour details click here
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name. Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
There are no product reviews yet.
Guests must be at least 8 years old.