Kona: Big Island Expedition
Our Big Island Expedition offers you a chance to see Hawai‘i Island’s most stunning scenery, as well as delve into the island’s rich history and culture in historic Hilo town. We offer full- and half-day excursions that allow you to see the island from the air and land in Hilo to explore the windward side. You will depart from the Kona International Airport in a Bell 407, Hawai‘i’s premier touring helicopter, on the same route as the Experience Hawai‘i. You will fly over the Kona coffee district, the slopes of Hualālai, and Mauna Loa on your way to Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park. As your air tour guide, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. Then, you will head north along the island’s rugged coastline, seeing jagged cliffs, and lava fields give way to hundreds of waterfalls and rich vegetation.
- See current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2,000′ valley walls
- Breathtaking coast lines
- 11 different climate zones
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by 1.7 – 2.1 hours.
- Full Day Tour. See more of the island in a day than some see on many trips by car!
- Approx. 8 hours in Hilo
- Return ground transportation between Hilo Airport and downtown Hilo (optional)
- Sub-compact car rental (optional, for an additional fee)
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
Book Early – this special tour is limited to one a day!