Kona: Family Helicopter Ride & Zipline
Our partnership with Botanical World Adventures gives you the chance to combine a world-class helicopter tour, Family Helicopter Ride & Zipline, with another incredible adventure: ziplining! Whether you choose to zipline through the rainforest canopy or enjoy the lush botanical gardens from a ground tour alongside the zip route, you and your ohana (family) will love this family-friendly adventure.
Depart from the Kona Airport in a Bell 407, Hawai‘i’s premier touring helicopter. Fly over Kona’s famous coffee district on the slopes of Hualālai and Mauna Loa before making your way to Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park to hunt for red, hot lava around Kīlauea, the world’s most active volcano, and Pu‘u ʻŌʻō Vent.
Descend into the Hilo Airport where our ground staff awaits to whisk you away to historic downtown Hilo for a short self-guided tour. Experience the culture, art and history of “Hawai’i Island’s biggest little town.” After exploring the museums and landmarks by the seaside, be sure to grab a quick lunch before Botanical World Adventures takes you to their tropical gardens where the adventure continues.
There they offer seven different ziplines, taking you over running rivers and the beautiful gardens where they maintain more than 5,000 plant species. Enjoy the colors of the flowers beneath you as you feel the wind in your face. This thrilling ride also features views of spectacular waterfalls, two of which were inaccessible until the gardens opened them to the public a few years ago. Along the way you’ll catch great views of Mauna Kea as well as the Hāmākua District’s pastoral fields and ranches. Guests who do not zip can join in on the fun for a walking tour alongside the zipline route or a Segway tour through the gardens.
At the end of your excursion, head back to the Hilo Airport, where your helicopter awaits to take you on the second half of your air tour. You’ll visit the breathtaking Kohala valleys and their lush tropical rainforests and 2,000’ waterfalls. The views here are spectacular and often the favorite hidden gem discovered by our guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll get a birds-eye view of iconic white sand beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, that are consistently voted some of the best in the world before returning to the Kona Airport in time to watch the beautiful West Hawai‘i sunset.
- See Kona’s famous coffee district
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Hunt for red, hot lava around Kīlauea
- Explore Hilo Town
- Rugged coastlines and beautiful beaches
- Botanical World Adventures – lush gardens with 5,000 plant species
- Zipline adventure
- Rain forests
- Pastoral fields and ranches
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours. Approximately 10 hours, including ground tour, check-in and ground transportation time
- Bell 407 helicopter
- Ground transportation between Hilo base, downtown Hilo, and the World Botanical Gardens
- Approx.6 hours to explore historic downtown Hilo and Botanical World Adventures tropical zip line tour
- If you are pregnant or have back injuries or another medical condition, we suggest that you ask your doctor’s opinion before scheduling a zip line tour.
- Guests must be over the age of 6 and weigh between 35-270 lbs to zip. Guests between ages 6 and 10 must be approved by a supervisor.
- Children under 70 pounds must ride tandem and receive supervisor approval
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name. Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Morning departures only.