Kona: Family Helicopter Ride & Zipline
Starting June 1, 2020
We are offering this tour exclusively as a private excursion. Due to social distancing requirements, we have modified our cabin seating arrangement and this tour seats up to five (5) guests. Ground portion of this excursion may also be available as a private experience for additional fees – please call for details. Learn more about our new elevated health & safety protocol in response to COVID-19.
Our partnership with Botanical World Adventures gives you the chance to combine a world-class helicopter tour with another incredible adventure: zip lining! You’ll depart from the Kona International Airport in a Bell 407, Hawai‘i’s premier touring helicopter, on the same route as the Experience Hawai‘i. Upon arrival over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. Then, you will head north along the island’s rugged coastline, seeing jagged cliffs and lava fields give way to hundreds of waterfalls and rich vegetation.
After soaring to Hilo in the helicopter, it’s time to get a little closer to the trees. Botanical World Adventures offers seven different zip lines, taking you over streams and their beautiful gardens, where they maintain more than 5,000 plant species. Enjoy the colors of the flowers beneath you as you feel the wind in your face. This thrilling ride includes views of spectacular waterfalls, two of which were inaccessible until the gardens opened them to the public a few years ago. You’ll catch great views of Mauna Kea, as well as the Hāmākua District’s pastoral fields and ranches.
At the end of your excursion, head back to the Hilo International Airport, where your helicopter awaits to take you on the second half of your air tour. You’ll visit lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are spectacular and often the favorite hidden gem discovered by our guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll get a birds-eye view of iconic beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, which are consistently voted as the best in the world.
- See Kona’s famous coffee district
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Hunt for red, hot lava around Kīlauea
- Explore Hilo Town
- Rugged coastlines and beautiful beaches
- Botanical World Adventures – lush gardens with 5,000 plant species
- Zipline adventure
- Rain forests
- Pastoral fields and ranches
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours. Approximately 10 hours, including ground tour, check-in and ground transportation time
- Bell 407 helicopter
- Ground transportation between Hilo base, downtown Hilo, and the World Botanical Gardens
- Approx.6 hours to explore historic downtown Hilo and Botanical World Adventures tropical zip line tour
- Full price will be charged for cancellations and “no shows” unless we receive prior notice 48 hours in advance.
- If you are pregnant or have back injuries or another medical condition, we suggest that you ask your doctor’s opinion before scheduling a zip line tour.
- Guests must be over the age of 6 and weigh between 35-270 lbs to zip. Guests between ages 6 and 10 must be approved by a supervisor.
- Children under 70 pounds must ride tandem and receive supervisor approval
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
Morning departures only. Book Early – this special tour is limited to one a day!