Kona: Kohala Coast & Waterfalls
Fly with Paradise to the Kohala Valleys to hover amidst the breathtaking 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces. En route, you will witness frozen lava flows from the historic 2018 eruption on the Kona and Kohala coasts as well as dramatic lava fields from the 1801 Hualalai eruption and the 1859 Mauna Loa eruption, which traveled over 31 miles before reaching the now world-famous Kohala Coast. Dotting the shoreline along the way, you can pick out one of the few pristine white or black sand beaches including Mahai’ula, Kiholo, Anaeho’omalu and Hapuna – to visit during your stay! Upon arriving to the lush landscape of Kohala, your pilot will not only show you its rugged coastline, home to dramatic valleys, but will also educate you about this region’s significance in Hawaiian history as the birthplace of Hawai’i’s famous alii, Kamehameha the Great.
- 2500′ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces
- Lava flows, Kona and Kohala
- Shorelines and black sand beaches
- Waterfalls and rugged coastlines
- Lush landscape of Kohala
- Birthplace of Kamehameha the Great
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.