Kona: Waterfall Heli-Trek
Join our Waterfall Heli-Trek adventure to soak in the island’s incredible views and get your boots muddy! This waterfall helicopter tour and hike departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt two of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival to Kīlauea in Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will search out the day’s activity with the hopes of seeing red hot lava. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. The waterfall part of this helicopter tour delivers you to where cascades flow down sheer valley walls. Then soar to the coast where surf pounds rocky cliffs and remote beaches.
- See active volcanoes
- Fly over the Kona coffee district
- Deep valleys & waterfalls
While we are flying all of our regular tours and charters, please understand that what you will see on our flights is highly dependent upon 1) the eruption, 2) the weather, and 3) the temporary flight restrictions in place. Please be assured that our pilots will do their best to navigate all conditions to deliver to you the safest and best viewing experience possible.
Please be assured that our pilots will do their best to navigate all conditions to deliver to you the safest and best viewing experience possible.
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by 1.2 – 1.6 hours.
- Narrated Easy to Moderate 2-mile hike with several short climbs
- Walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, towel, and daypacks
- Deli style lunch with assorted beverages
- Children under 3 years old must be carried in a backpack carrier for ground portion
- For more ground tour details click here.
- Tour length subject to change
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
There are no product reviews yet.
Note: Due to the high volume of bookings, your selected flight date & time may need to be re-confirmed.
Limited Departures: Morning only