Kona: Waterfall Heli-Trek
Starting June 1, 2020
We are offering this tour exclusively as a private excursion. Due to social distancing requirements, we have modified our cabin seating arrangement and this tour seats up to five (5) guests. Ground portion of this excursion may also be available as a private experience for additional fees – please call for details. Learn more about our new elevated health & safety protocol in response to COVID-19.
Join our Paradise Waterfall Heli-Trek adventure to soak in the island’s incredible views, and get your boots on the ground to explore private waterfalls! This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
- See active volcanoes
- Fly over the Kona coffee district
- Deep valleys & waterfalls
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by 1.5 – 2 hours. Entire excursion: Approx. 8 hours, including check-in.
- Narrated Easy to Moderate 2-mile hike with several short climbs
- Walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, towel, and daypacks
- Deli style lunch with assorted beverages
- Children under 3 years old must be carried in a backpack carrier for ground portion
- For more ground tour details click here.
- Tour length subject to change
- Full price will be charged for cancellations and “no shows” unless we receive prior notice 48 hours in advance.
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
There are no product reviews yet.
Note: Due to the high volume of bookings, your selected flight date & time may need to be re-confirmed.
Limited Departures: Morning only