Hilo: Lava & Rainforests Adventure
The Lava & Rainforests Adventure showcases the story of how Hawai‘i is inextricably linked to the elements. You will fly over Kīlauea, what was the most active volcano on earth, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. The windward side also catches enough rain to make Hilo the wettest city in the United States. All this water fills tunnels that once flowed with lava, creating incredible rivers, pools and waterfalls all over East Hawai’i. View Hilo’s lush rainforests, Mauna Loa’s vistas and the plunging Wai‘ānuenue (Rainbow Falls), so named for the rainbows you can see in the mist when the early morning sunshine hits the water. Choose the Lava & Rainforests Adventure to see the volcanoes and waterfalls inaccessible by any other means!
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests of Puna
- Waterfalls of North Hilo
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click map to view larger
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Tour Duration typically varies from 55 – 60 minutes, all of which is flight time.
For Doors-Off Flights
- A jacket is suggested as the flight is cool and windy
- All cameras and sunglasses must have straps
- No hats permitted on the flight
- Closed-toe shoes required and shoes may not have open backs
Check-in At Our Hilo Base
- Please arrive to our Hilo base at the Hilo Airport 45 min prior to your tour departure time.
- Self-Pay parking at Hilo Airport.
- Our Hilo base is located in Lobby Two at the Hilo Airport
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
There are no product reviews yet.
If you are booking less than 48 hours in advance, please call to confirm availability.
All tours are open to the public and are sold by the individual seat. Make your tour PRIVATE by booking all 6 seats on the aircraft.
All staff & guests are required to wear masks. Learn more about our elevated health & safety protocol in response to COVID-19.