Kona: Circle Island Experience
Hawai‘i Island really is a “Big Island” and you want to see it all! Why spend your whole vacation in the car, when you can get the lay of the land by air? Paradise’s Circle Island Experience is the only helicopter tour in Hawai‘i that ventures south to encompass the entire island, and it does so in just over two hours!
Starting from Kona Airport at the island’s western-most tip, your pilot leads you past the Kona coffee district and slopes of Mauna Loa to the southern-most town in the United States, Punalu‘u. You’ll be amazed by our exclusive views of Papakōlea – one of only four green sand beaches in the world! Next, explore the lava flow activity at Kīlauea crater and, if Madame Pele is willing, catch a glimpse of the molten heart of Hawai‘i in the form of red, hot lava. Then, turn to the east, the island’s lush windward side and Hilo town. Notice how now water flows where lava once did, gushing out of sheer cliffs through lava tubes, creating hundreds of waterfalls, and nourishing the rich vegetation. The grandeur of the Kohala valleys and waterfalls of the north are sure to catch your breath, as are the white sand beaches on your return to Kona.
- Circumnavigate the entire island!
- See all five volcanoes
- 2,000-foot deep valleys
- White, black and GREEN sand beaches
- Rugged coastlines
- Dramatic waterfalls
- Lava flow activity at Kīlauea crater
- Rain forests
- Kohala’s lush valleys
- See 11 of the planet’s 13 climate zones
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies from 1.9 – 2.35 hours.
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name. Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.