Kona: Sunset Experience
Our Sunset Experience is the perfect way to cap off a day in paradise. Depart from the Kona International Airport and head north in our comfortable Bell 407 tour helicopter. You will see the gorgeous beaches tucked away below lava fields along the Kona and Kohala Coasts. Next, you’ll venture to the far side of the Kohala Mountains, where a secluded and nearly inaccessible series of valleys awaits. Then, crest Mauna Loa, the world’s largest volcano. You’ll be amazed when viewing one of only four green sand beaches in the world! As you pass over Pu‘uhonua ‘o Hōnaunau, a place of refuge under ancient Hawaiian law, and Kealakekua Bay where Capt. James Cook first came ashore in the 1700’s, the sun begins to set.
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat Evenings only 🙂
- Kona and Kohala Coasts
- Kohala mountains and valleys
- Numerous waterfalls
- Mauna Loa, the world’s largest volcano
- Liquid hot magma
- Black and Green sand beaches
- Kealakekua Bay
- The Sunset
- The “Green Flash” when conditions are right
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Total flight time typically varies by 1.9 – 2.35 hours.
- Please check in for your flight 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee.
Free round-trip transportation for tours departing from the Kona International Airport.
- Free transportation is limited and based on availability.
- Please reply to your confirmation email with a request for transportation and hotel name.
- Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone.
- Pick up and drop off locations are limited to the Kona Coast including the Hapuna area – North and the Keauhou area South.
- Exceptions and other restrictions may apply.
- Free transportation only applies to Air Adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters.
- May not be combined with other offers.
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
Afternoon departures only.