Waimea: Doors-Off Kohala Waterfalls & Hike
The Doors-Off Kohala Waterfalls & Remote Hike is the first and only doors-off helicopter tour deep into the heart of the spectacular Kohala valleys. There is no better way to experience and learn about the geography, history and incomparable lush beauty of Kohala, birthplace of King Kamehameha, than our doors-off tour. Once you are in these valleys, your camera will be the only thing between you and the towering 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces – talk about epic social media posts!
Mid-flight your aircraft will touch down at a remote location deep in Kohala Mountains to explore and enjoy a moderate 0.5 mile pilot-led hike through a waiwi forest. The meandering trail immerses you in the flora and fauna of Kohala and surprises you with a dramatic coastline vista, offering views of the Mokupuku island formations and waves crashing along the rugged north shore of Hawaii Island. All the while you will learn about the culture and diverse natural habitat of this untouched serene location that most people never see. After your refreshing hike, take to the air again, and enjoy views of the rolling hills of Kohala as you make your way back to Waimea.
PLEASE BOOK EARLY – SEATS ARE LIMITED!
- 2500′ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces
- Rugged shorelines
- Waterfalls and rugged coastlines
- Birthplace of Kamehameha the Great
- Guava forest
- Landing and hike to beautiful lookout point
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click map to view larger
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Approx. 30 minute flight time. Approx 1 hr. on the ground for a moderate hike. Times may vary.
- Passengers over 265 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee.
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- For optimal availability, we recommend you inquire 48 hrs or more before your desired flight time
For Doors-Off Flights
- A jacket is suggested as the flight is cool and windy
- All cameras and sunglasses must have straps
- No hats permitted on the flight
- Closed-toe shoes required and shoes may not have open backs
Moderate: Ideal for active adults and active children over the age of 8.
If you are booking less than 48 hours in advance, please call to confirm availability.
All tours are open to the public and are sold by the individual seat. Make your tour PRIVATE by booking all 4 seats on the aircraft.
All staff & guests are required to wear masks. Learn more about our elevated health & safety protocol in response to COVID-19.