Waimea: Doors-Off Kohala Waterfalls & Remote Hike
The Doors-Off Kohala Waterfalls & Remote Hike is the first and only doors-off helicopter tour deep into the heart of the spectacular Kohala valleys. There is no better way to experience and learn about the geography, history and incomparable lush beauty of Kohala, birthplace of King Kamehameha, than our doors-off tour. Once you are in these valleys, your camera will be the only thing between you and the towering 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces – talk about epic social media posts!
Mid-flight your aircraft will touch down at a remote location deep in Kohala Mountains to explore and enjoy a moderate 0.5 mile pilot-led hike through a waiwi forest. The meandering trail immerses you in the flora and fauna of Kohala and surprises you with a dramatic coastline vista, offering views of the Mokupuku island formations and waves crashing along the rugged north shore of Hawaii Island. All the while you will learn about the culture and diverse natural habitat of this untouched serene location that most people never see. After your refreshing hike, take to the air again, to view the drastic landscape change from windward to leeward, and the world-famous white and black sand beaches and resorts of the Kohala Coast en route to back to Kona.
PLEASE BOOK EARLY – SEATS ARE LIMITED!
- 2500′ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces
- Rugged shorelines
- Waterfalls and rugged coastlines
- Birthplace of Kamehameha the Great
- Guava forest
- Landing and hike to beautiful lookout point
Make your tour epic with our exclusive and signature add-ons.
Click to view
For answers to common questions please read our faq.
* Approx. 30 minute flight time. Approx 1 hr. on the ground for a moderate hike. Times may vary.
For air adventures purchased directly from Paradise Helicopters, we offer free pick up and drop off to locations along the Kona Coast from the Hapuna area to the North and the Keauhou area to the South. To request free round-trip transportation, reply to your confirmation email with your request and provide a hotel name. Paradise Helicopters will confirm availability for your date via email and/or phone. (Based on availability. Limitations may apply. May not be combined with other offers).
- Please check in for your flight 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Passengers over 265 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee
- Warm clothing suggested as flight is cool and windy. Closed-toe shoes required. No hats permitted on flight.
- All cameras and sunglasses must have straps
Moderate: Ideal for active adults and active children over the age of 8.