Enrich your curriculum with a live and interactive virtual field trip to Hawaii by Paradise Helicopters.
Paradise Helicopters has partnered with our local community to curate live, interactive educational experiences that we can share. Break free from the routine lesson plan. Let us inspire and inform your students as they learn from a whole new perspective.
Join our pilots and educational team on a live stream to see and learn about Hawaii’s remote ecosystems from the vantage point of a helicopter. Each virtual field trip comes with a companion learning guide with worksheets and discussion prompts designed by educators.
If you are looking for a truly unique experience for your students and faculty, join Paradise Helicopters on one of our amazing and enriching virtual education experiences.
Our Educational Team
Aerial Videography Provided By
Mick & Ann Kalber, Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
- Documenting the eruptions of Hawai’i’s Kilauea, the world’s most active volcano, for over 30 years.
- For years, ESPN has trusted Tropical Visions to cover live sports and create highlights or background videos for events in the US and around the world, such as Hawai’i’s Ironman World Championship Triathlon and the NFL Pro Bowl. Tropical Visions also provides news media coverage for journalism giant, Reuters, including critical events such as Chinese President Jiang Zimen’s arrival to Honolulu.
Aerial Photography by
Bruce Omori, Extreme Exposure
Bruce Omori is an international award-winning photographer and photojournalist who has been honored with the Windland Smith Rice Award twice so far in his career. His images have been featured in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington DC, and the Natural History Museum in London. Bruce’s images have also been published in just about every major newspaper and magazine across the globe. Bruce operates his photography business, Extreme Exposure, which has a fine art gallery located in downtown Hilo that is a must-see.
- Volcanologist and author of over 140 scientific articles and abstracts
- Mr. Lockwood is a Registered Geologist (CPG-9806) with over twenty-five years of full-time work in geology and volcanology. His work has provided him with a wealth of personal experience and knowledge of most volcanic areas of the world.
- He has particular expertise in the assessment of geologic hazards and risks. Mr. Lockwood is relied upon by the US government to provide accurate hazard information for long-range planning and reduction of geologic risk. For example, he has helped design lava flow diversion structures for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Narration & Media Contributor
Andrew Richard Hara
Andrew Richard Hara is a professional photographer born and raised in Hilo, Hawaii. During the recent massive eruption of Kilauea on the Big Island, Hara was onsite day in and day out documenting the destruction and beauty of this historical event. He received his formal training from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Among Hara’s many clients are National Geographic Society, NASA, Department of Defense, Vanity Fair, BBC, Time Magazine, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, Hawaii Tourism Authority, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, W. M. Keck Observatory, and the Akaka Foundation for Tropical Forests.
Portrait by: Rebecca Pang
Produced and Presented By
Paradise Helicopters – a local and responsible company.
- Locally owned and operated since 1997, Paradise Helicopter tours give you an authentic piece of Hawai‘i – the culture and Aloha spirit that make the islands unique. Our decades of helicopter operations in the Hawaiian Islands have allowed us to form many unique relationships and partnerships within the communities in which we operate.
- Paradise Helicopters is the first & only helicopter-tour company in the state to be awarded a Sustainable Tourism Certification from the Hawai‘i Ecotourism Association (HEA).
- Paradise was recognized by the HEA for its Carbon Offset Program, which supports the reforestation of native trees in Hawaiʻi through Legacy Carbon.