See the Entire Big Island on Your One Day Cruise Stop in Kona!
How can you see the best of the Island of Hawai’i on your one day cruise stop in Kona? On a helicopter! Check out the top highlights around the island in our 1.5-hour Experience Hawaii tour, or see it all with our 2-hour Circle Island Experience tour, which is the only helicopter tour on the Big Island that flies around the entire island. Below we’ll go over logistics of how to get from Kona Harbor to our base for your flight (hint: we’ll pick you up!).
Kona: Circle Island Experience
Paradise’s Circle Island Experience is the only complete helicopter tour of Hawai‘i that ventures south to encompass the entire island, and we do it in just over two hours. learn more
Kona: Experience Hawaii
Explore all five volcanoes, hidden white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls cascading down 2,000-ft. valley walls, breathtaking coastlines and 11 different climate zones in this 1 hr. 45 min. tour. learn more
Getting From Cruise Ship to Helicopter
We can arrange transportation for you to get from Kona Harbor to your Paradise Helicopters flight.
1. Book your helicopter tour before you reach Kona harbor. Browse the tours we offer from Kona on our website and book online or call our reservations number from 8am – 8pm Hawai’i time, to book and discuss details – Toll Free: 866-300-2294 or Local: 808-731-1351
2. If you book online, one of our reservations specialists will follow up with you via email or phone to arrange transportation and iron out any details necessary. If you book via phone, you can take care of this at the time of your call. Your reservations specialist will tell you what time we will pick you up.
3. Arrange for your cruise ship operators to tender you to the pier on the day of your tour (ferry you in a small boat from the cruise ship to the pier).
4. When you disboard your tender, walk inland to the end of the pier. You’ll meet our Paradise Helicopter driver at the ballroom entrance of the hotel immediately in front of you, Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel – called “King Kam” locally. If you can’t find the ballroom entrance, it’s fine to meet them in the main lobby by the check in desk. It’s about a 2 minute walk from the end of the pier to the hotel lobby.
5. A driver from our Kona team will meet you at King Kam and will drive you to our Kona base at the Kona airport – about a 15-minute drive.
6. Once you arrive at our Kona base, you can check out artwork by Bruce Omori, famous for his incredible lava photography, while enjoying coffee or tea in our air conditioned guest lounge. Or you may relax on our open air lanai with views of our aircraft.
7. Shortly after you arrive to our base, you’ll meet your pilot and receive a safety briefing from a ground crew member who will then walk you out to your waiting aircraft to begin your air tour!
8. After your flight, one of our drivers will give you a ride back into Kona town, dropping you either at King Kam hotel again or somewhere nearby on Alii Drive. We leave it up to you to find your own way back to the pier to rendez-vous with your cruise operators.